Development organizations face a long list of challenges from personnel reductions, tight budgets, rising costs, and increasing security risks to ever-increasing competition for funding. As varied as they are, however, those challenges all point to one fundamental development imperative: organizations must improve their projects’ impact.
To deliver impact, a project team has to do much more than just "work harder", it has to increase the way it solves new problems by rapidly introducing new management processes and technologies. The team must quickly learn new skills and tasks to increase efficiency and continuously reduce operating costs.
PM4DEV understands that such efficiency is the result of many complex, interrelated factors, ranging from technology and processes to culture and incentive and reward systems. To drive efficiency, development organizations must address those factors in a holistic fashion. In order to create a complete efficiency-enhancing environment, they must ensure that these factors come together at all three levels of the organization: the organization’s top management, the project team, and the individual.
The success of every project depends on the organization’s ability to build a project management culture, to identify functional and technological gaps, and to develop solutions to achieve their goals. The primary focus of our consulting services is to partner with you to gather information, explore options, and identify solutions that will make an impact on your organization.
- Organizational Performance Development
- Project Management Methodology
- Learning and Talent Development
- Project Review and Recovery
Organizational Performance Development
Our consulting services provide a holistic approach to improve the performance of project management in your organization. Using our assessment tools, we identify the opportunities for your organization to improve your current project management practices. We know the organizations that can apply the appropriate processes and structures will manage initiatives more effectively.
PM4DEV Consulting Services can help your organization improve project performance with time-tested approaches that have been implemented in hundreds of organizations. These include:
* Project Management Maturity Assessment
* Performance Measurement
* Culture and Change Management
* Project Management Office
* Project Portfolio Management
With the use of a proprietary assessment tool PM4DEV can measure the performance of your organization’s practices to evaluate their effectiveness and demonstrate strategic impact. The assessment provides you with the information necessary to understand the performance of your project management processes, your tools, your training initiatives, or even your overall strategies to make intelligent decisions to choose the best options to obtain performance improvements.
Learning and Talent Development
Our Learning and Talent Development Services are designed to help you and your organization identify key project management competencies and create the development activities that will assist in building your organizational project management talent.
A competent project manager needs to be able to analyze a situation within different contexts and create different action routes. Regardless of formal training, competencies grow with experience and the degree of flexibility to learning and adapting.
Our Learning and Talent development services include the following:
- Competency Assessments and Development
- Project Management Career Path Development
- Targeted Training Plans
- Course Customization
- Post-Course Mentoring
- Outsourced Training Administration
We can help your organization move beyond the perception that project management is a skill that is reserved for project managers. In reality, project management is an organizational competency. If the organizational strategy implements strategic changes and those changes are executed as projects, project management must be an organizational capability rather than a job skill. If project management is an organizational competency, it is required to define a training program within the organization to develop everyone's project management knowledge and abilities.
Project Review and Recovery
Our consulting services are designed to provide the best advice to help your organization or project. Our consulting approach includes an assessment designed to discover the root cause of problems and devise a range of appropriate solutions:
- Assessment and Analysis: Our consultants can help you identify the root causes of your project management problems. We help identify the real problems beyond the symptoms and effects that draw complaints. By identifying root causes, we work with your team to analyze the problem from different perspectives and chart the desired level of practices, operations, and capabilities under a project management maturity framework your organization should achieve.
- Recommendations and Solutions: We help you identify potential approaches to solve problems. We utilize a participative approach for the creation of ideas designed to build ownership of the solution. We make recommendations based on our extensive practice, and offer you the best approach to implement the chosen solution. We help you develop a long term strategy that will incorporate a roadmap and key milestones to monitor your progress and achieve the expected benefits supplemented by the identification of short-term opportunities and quick wins to help alleviate the most pressing issues and challenges that need immediate attention.
- Support and Implementation: We can help your organization implement the identified solutions and develop a customized methodology that fits your organizational culture and allows for growth and flexibility. Supporting the implementation of the recommendations includes the services of training and coaching your staff on the new methodologies and processes designed for your organization. Rather than using generic course material, we customize our training content to fit your environment, using your policies, forms, and tools to enable your teams to immediately start applying their new skills.
Project Management Methodology
Our services include the development of customized methodologies. By working with your organization, we assist you through the development of a customized project management manual that can be used as a guide to establish a common framework for all the projects. The result is a handbook that has your logo, your terminology, your tools, and other items unique to your organization. The benefits of your own project management manual include:
- Effective planning and control of projects.
- Documentation of your customized project management approach and adaptation of your unique organizational needs.
- Establishing a process for communicating learning experiences.
- * Enabling continuous improvement of the project process, establishing a process for maximum use of project resources.
PM4DEV provides the expertise and framework within which your guide is developed. The development of the project management guide is designed to leave PM4DEV expertise with you. This service also ensures that the responsibility for the process and its continuous improvement has been transferred to internal management.
The intent is for your organization to be self-supporting at the end of the process. The services include the development of project management job descriptions, roles, and responsibilities for project staff. The result is the efficiency and effectiveness of project management, which drives the organizational behavior and enables more effective change management.
Our approach is to guide the development of the methodology and let your team make critical decisions. This approach ensures there will be ownership of the final deliverables, a strategy that will make the implementation and adoption of the methodology a success.
PM4DEV can deliver flexible solutions tailored to the unique needs of your organization. Our consulting services will enable you to quickly take advantage of the many benefits of our project management methodology. By teaming with us, you will diminish implementation risk, ensure user adoption, and maximize your overall investment in PM4DEV solutions.
PM4DEV consultants understand how you do your work, we're uniquely positioned to help you achieve measurable success by utilizing a unified approach that combines:
- Reliability. PM4DEV works closely with you to ensure a successful project outcome. Our job isn't finished until we've achieved your goals.
- Expertise. No one understands PM4DEV products like the people who build them. PM4DEV consultants have the necessary knowledge and resources to guarantee your project success.
- Methodology. Our proven processes and methodology were developed during successful engagements allowing PM4DEV professionals to work with maximum speed to efficiency.