eCourse - Project Management Information Systems
This course provides a process-based approach to manage development project information. While development projects are similar in some ways to other types of projects, they pose unique challenges for the managers and organizations that undertake them.
This course will give students an understanding of the most common processes, tools, techniques, and practices that are necessary to manage development project information. This course examines the defining characteristics of information in development projects and introduces the student to a variety of information management techniques that can be applied to a development project. The course has a duration of three weeks. Each week presents the activities and exercises required to meet the learning objectives. Participants require an average of one hour per day to complete the assigned activities. The course is asynchronous, the instructor provides materials, lectures, tests, and assignments that can be accessed at any time. Students are given a timeframe during which they need to complete the assigned activities, participate in discussion forums, and submit their exercises in order to receive a grade.
This intensive and hands-on course gives you the skills to ensure your project information reaches the right stakeholder at the right time. You will gain a strong working knowledge of the concepts of project information management and be able to immediately use that knowledge to effectively manage information in your projects. You will need between 8-10 hours per week to complete the lectures and case study exercises. You will participate in engaging online conversations with peers from around the world while receiving constant guidance from the instructor.
This course is designed for all people that want to improve the way information is managed in their projects, including professionals wishing to upgrade their skills and knowledge, team members, supervisors of project managers and students of project management. A medium level of reading and writing English is recommended. Participants to our courses come from various parts of the world, and they bring a wealth of experience and knowledge that is shared in the course forums.
Upon successful completion of the Project Information Management Online course, participants will: Understand the information management processes and information life-cycle, know the steps required to plan and manage project information and develop an effective project information management plan. Participants will have an improved understanding of how a PMIS can improve the quality of the reports and decisions in the project. At the end of your course, you will have the confidence to apply the principles of information management in your organization or project.
There are no requirements to take this course, although the students will benefit if they know the type of work that occurs in development organizations and development projects, or had some experience working on a project. Students should have a good internet connection, Adobe Reader in their computers as well as MS Office to work on the course assignments. Good connectivity is required to watch some of the online videos. As a convenience to our remote students, you can download most of the course material to read offline. A copy of the textbook will be available in PDF format.
The course fee is due before the start of the course; you can receive a 20% discount if payment is made one week before the course starts, use the code 20PMIS. On the registration page, you can choose your preferred payment methods. We accept all major credit cards in a secure online payment system. We also accept payments via Western Unions or Money Gram. If you have any questions or require more instructions to send your payment, please contact us at info@pm4dev Reference: eCourse PMIS. We offer a special discount of 30% for groups of three or more people from development organizations.
Registration for this course is now open. To apply, please click here and complete the application form. We will close the registration one day before the start of the course. On the registration form, you will find the different payment options. If you have any questions, contact us at info@pm4dev Ref. eCourse PMIS.
- Course Schedule. See the course schedule to select a date.
- Course Fees. The course fee is $125 and is due before the start of the course, you can receive a 20% discount if payment is made one week before the start of the course. Use the code 20PMIS
- Group Discount. For groups or organizations that want to register 3 or more students, we offer a 30% discount. Use the code 30PMIS
- Course Access. Access to the online course starts one week before the start of the course.
- Course Limit: The course is limited to 20 students per class.
- Requirements. To fully benefit from this course, you need to have some experience working in a development project
- Course Materials. Course materials are available for download from the online course module page to allow for printing and review.
- Course Evaluation. It is required that participants complete the course evaluation after they complete the course.
- Credits. This course provides 35 PDUs (Professional Development Units)* or 35 contact hours.
Reserve your seat in the course. Visit our course schedule page for more information.
“A course every career IT professional should take as one transition from the daily routine of IT hardware and software issues to project management to design and operationalize a Management Information System.” Brian Mugabe, Office of the Prime Minister – Uganda
“Project Management Information System (PMIS) is must study course for every development professional. If you are a development worker who has yet studied this course, I strongly recommend that you prioritize this course as part of your continued professional capacity development” Henry Njakoi – Tanzania
“The PMIS is a great course, with an excellent instructor. Recommendable for everyone working with development organizations. Should not be missed by M&E professionals!” Joke Sijbesma – Netherlands
“The course applies a very practical approach with a Q & A discussion forum that provides different perspectives to resolving challenges in project management. I would recommend it to anybody seeking to improve their skills in a cost-effective manner.” Elizabeth Bakibinga-Gaswaga – United Kingdom
* PM4DEV is a Registered Education Provider (R.E.P.), approved by the Project Management Institute (PMI)®.to issue professional development units (PDU's) for its project management training courses. Our instructors are experienced trainers and project managers who are PMP® certified. Our comprehensive courses in project management theory, fundamentals, principles, and practices are designed around industry best practices and based on the Project Management Institute’s (PMI®) Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK®Guide). We are confident in our ability to provide comprehensive, practical courses that will enable you to further your project management education.